The holidays are here! For realtors, that can often mean adding in even more roadblocks in a hectic schedule. Meeting with clients is difficult, weather is often unpredictable, and some sellers can be reluctant to list during the holiday season. Christmas and the New Year’s season also means another rite of passage for realtors: Holiday and New Year’s gifts for clients.
Instead of the thing every other realtor gives their clients this year, why not surprise them with a unique gift? It’s not hard and it will impress your clients! And you don’t have to look very far for some local flavor. Check out five ideas from right here in Chattanooga!
- Thank them a-latte. Take your top 20 clients out to coffee to chat with you, or get them a $10 gift card to the Camp House or your favorite local coffee shop. Recommend they spend it meeting with you to catch up, but make sure they know that there’s no obligation. It will be the best $200 you’ve spent in 2017.
- Gift an experience. Did you know that one of the best 9 hole golf courses in the country is only 20 minutes away? A round at Sweeten’s Cove is only $20. Did your clients just move in from out of state? Show them all that our town has to offer with a gift certificate to a great lunch spot around town like 2 Sons Kitchen and Market or Niedlov’s!
- Give them a “working man’s lunch.” It’s the 100th anniversary of a Chattanooga classic, the MoonPie! Thank your employees for their hard work. Show your clients some appreciation. Tie a bow around an RC Cola and a MoonPie with a special note to thank them for their business to sweeten up the holidays. In a time crunch? The great folks at The MoonPie General Store will do it for you!
- Do the Truffle Shuffle! Pick up individually wrapped truffles from The Hot Chocolatier, and drop it off at your client’s office along with a hand-written note. It’s simple, but clever and thoughtful. Not only will you be putting a smile on their face, it’s a gift that will make their day!
- Be Genuine! Hand sign your cards, and write a brief-personalized note. Even if it’s not elaborate, don’t do just go through the motions. The holidays are the best time to make your clients feel like more than just a business relationship.
You don’t have to do very much to keep your clients coming back to you. The holidays are a great way to remind them that you appreciate their business, and show them you’re willing to go the extra mile the next time they need a great realtor!